Sunday, March 18, 2012

3-18-12




03-18-12

Today marks the start of my blogging journey!  I don't really know how this is going to go, but I am willing to give a try.  I am excited to try something different.  For now, I will dedicate most of my blog to cooking.  I love to just play in the kitchen.  The bad news is, I don't really follow recipes well.  Baking is one thing, but regular dinner cooking I just throw things together.  Until I get used to actually creating a recipe, please bare with me.  I am more of a little bit of this, little bit of that, cook it at 350 until it is done kind of girl! 




Tonight Crock Pot Chicken Cordon Bleu.... I found this on Pinterest and modified to what I had at home, kind of a norm for me as I don't always have everything exactly. 


Super Easy!

4-6 boneless chicken breasts
1 can of cream of something soup (I used broccoli, but whatever you have is fine)
1 cup of milk
4-6 slices of deli ham, one for each chicken breast
4-6 slices of swiss cheese- one for each chicken breast
stove top stuffing package, bread crumbs, or croutons which ever you have on hand
quarter of a stick of melted butter (optional)

Mix the can of soup and milk together in a bowl until creamy.  Pour a little of the mixture in the bottom of the crockpot.  Add your chicken breasts.  I actually layered because I just had an average size crockpot so I have two full layers of the cordon bleu.  I could fit 3 pieces of chicken in each layer.  Place a piece of ham on top of each piece of chicken then add a slice of swiss on top the ham.  Pour another thin layer of the soup mixture on the cheese and spread around.  Add about half of the dried stove top.  If using breadcrumbs or croutons just lightly cover it so you can just barely see the soup mixture. Add another layer of the chicken, ham, and cheese.  Add the soup again and more stove top (or whatever you chose to use) if you don't have much soup left you can top the crumbs with a little bit of melted butter to make it bind.  That is it!  Cook on low for 4-6 hours or on high for 2-4 hours.  Serve with your favorite side dish and enjoy.  I am making Bleu Cheese mashed potatoes topped with carmelized onions and mushrooms!  Would love to hear feedback!

No comments:

Post a Comment