Monday, March 19, 2012

Bleu Cheese Mashed Potatoes


Had to share what else I made for dinner last night.  Probably the best Mashers I have ever made!



4-6 potatoes (whatever kind you like, if they are smaller you will need more)
2-4 tbsp butter
1/2 container of Bleu Cheese (I use Treasure Cave located near the deli department)
2 tbsp sour cream
2-4 cups milk
garlic salt and pepper to taste


Boil the potatoes until done.  For me, this usually takes about a half an hour or so.  I leave the skins on as I like the texture of mashed potatoes with skin, but do as you wish.  Feel free to poke at the potatoes when they are in the water if they poke easily they are down. Strain the potatoes and put in large bowl for mashing.  Use the milk as you think necessary.  I like creamy potatoes so I probably used about 3 cups, but add more or less if they are dry etc.  This often depends on the size of your potatoes, which always varies.  I added about 2 tbsp of butter, as I am not a huge butter eater.  Add 2 tablespoons of sour cream, again more if you like.  Mash your potatoes together until creamy and have the consistency that you prefer.  Next add about half the container of Bleu cheese, salt and pepper to taste, and mash together again to blend the cheese and all the flavors.  I love how rich and creamy these potatoes are.  I carmelized 2-3 small onions and a container of button mushrooms for about an hour and then added them to the top.  Remember, the slower the better when carmelizing.  This truly brings out that sweet flavor.  Hope you like!  I think this would also be great with gorgonzola or goat cheeses as well, gotta try something a little different once and awhile!

No comments:

Post a Comment