Thursday, March 29, 2012

Vino...


I thought I would share some of my favorite Door County wines.  Door Peninsula Winery, located a few miles north of Sturgeon Bay, has many different varieties of wine.  Even if you are not a wino, you can find something here.  They specialize in fruit wines, using local cherries and seasonal fruits.  If you are more like me, and like a good red they have what you are looking for too.  The best part about making a visit to the winery...you taste whatever you want for free!  Yes, I said free!  There are no surprises when you get home because you can sample your selection first!  Last year they also added a distillery to their operations.  Wine and liquor...my kind of place.  And no this company doesn't give me money or anything for me to say these wonderful things, I truly like their products and love to promote Beautiful Door County whenever I can.  Enjoy! 

Product Image




Razzle Dazzle Raspberry- Now this is fruity. A crowd pleaser who really don't drink a lot of wine.  Sweet and fruity, great with dessert or on a hot day!


Product Image

Product Image





Peninsula Red and Marechal Foch- I couldn't decide between these two so I listed them both.  I love each of these equally.  Both great Red Blends that go with anything.  I am seriously thinking of sending a couple bottles down to my friend in Louisianna because she is a big red fan.  I can drink a whole bottle of either of these by myself!  A hint of fruitiness in every glass and no bitter aftertaste!  Hmmm making me thirsty!
Product Image






Riesling- This isn't your average Riesling, it is much sweeter.  I love this wine on a hot summer day.  I bet it would be delicious in a homemade Sangria as well.  Another big hit.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment